Moved to Saturday, May 22, 2021
Town of Unionville will team up with Litter Busters for NCDOT’s Litter Sweep:
- All volunteers will meet in the Unionville Town Hall parking lot to begin registration at 8:15 am.
- Litter Busters will provide orange NCDOT bags, gloves, grabbers and a few vests (NCDOT are not providing reused vests this year due to COVID concerns).
- Litter Busters will provide bottled water. We will also set up a canopy and table.
- Litter Busters will review safety guidelines with the group. There will be a photo op before we start.
- The Sheriff’s Dept. will provide at least one cruiser to alert traffic. Litter Busters will also place “Litter Pickup Ahead” sandwich boards.
- Mike Winchester of Litter Busters will be present and a number of his experienced volunteers and newer volunteers will attend.
- As bags are filled, they will be left on the roadside for NCDOT pickup. They typically pickup within several days.
- The event will end promptly at 11:00 am.
If you can’t attend this event, please see the NCDOT’s website for additional information about Litter Sweep 2021: ncdot.gov/littersweep or call them at 1-800-331-5864.